- Do you have a great idea you'd like to share with the health and physical education community?
- Have you earned an award or been praised for your innovative teaching strategies?
- Are you interested in gaining visibility for your content expertise in health and physical literacy?
This is your opportunity! The call for proposals is open for SHAPE America's 2024 "By You, For You" webinar series. If
selected your webinar will be featured in the SHAPE America Online Institute and will be promoted to a wide network of
health and physical education professionals. We invite you to share your expertise as one of the many expert speakers
bringing insight, innovation, and collaboration to the HPE community.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Monday, December 4, 11:59 p.m. PT.
Interested in submitting a proposal? Follow the steps below to get started:
Download and read the Presenter Expectations.
A presenter’s commitment to their presentation is essential to the webinar’s success.
All presenters accepted for SHAPE America’s 2024 “By You, For You” webinar series must:
- Be a SHAPE America member (Not a member? Join now);
- Develop a timely webinar presentation per the guidelines provided by SHAPE America on a topic relevant to SHAPE America’s membership;
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about the topic presented;
- Submit all required documents and materials to SHAPE America by specified deadlines;
- Participate in a practice webinar session;
- Sign into the pre-recorded webinar session 10 minutes prior for additional prep time;
- Present a pre-recorded webinar presentation;
- Comply with all technical requirements, citation policies, and permissions to use materials policies;
- Be available to present the webinar in a pre-recording to be released on a Thursday in 2023;
- Be courteous of others and adhere to the one-hour webinar timeframe;
- Provide tangible handouts/resources to SHAPE America to be posted on the SHAPE America Online Institute website
Download and read the Presentation Expectations.
SHAPE America webinars provide quality professional development opportunities for educators in the disciplines we represent and as a result, must meet the high standards we have set. All webinar presentations accepted for the SHAPE America’s 2024 “By You, For You” webinar series must:
- Share innovative ideas or existing ideas in a new way;
- Be engaging — more educational and less informational;
- Provide strategies and resources viewers can implement and utilize immediately;
- Be one hour long;
- Have three to five clear and concise learning objectives;
- Include three to four check-in “pulses” to keep your viewers engaged throughout the presentation;
- Have visual support to assist the presentation;
- Balance text with photos/clip art;
- Utilize the SHAPE America PowerPoint template;
- Provide a notes version of the PowerPoint;
- Include tangible resources (e.g., templates, lesson plans, samples) for posting with the webinar recording;
- Only include clip art/photos that are in the public domain and/or photos for which the speaker has photo releases that can be supplied upon request;
- NOT be commercial or promotional in nature;
- Tie everything up before the webinar ends.
Download and read the Speaker Release Form and the Speaking Requirements with all co-presenters prior to submitting a proposal.
Please note that, if accepted, all presenters will be required to sign the "Speaker Release Form" and the "Speaking Requirements."
Begin your submission by reviewing the Submission Guide to ensure you understand the information that will be necessary for your proposal.